none
Wrong Predecessor Link Lag value on converting Project created in micro soft project 13 to xml using MPXJ library. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have created a project using MS Project 2013,  in that I have a task with the Predecessor assigned to it with no lag days. (lag- 0 days, Finish to Start)

    On converting this to the xml using MPXJ library, the xml contains wrong values for the Predecessor LinkLag instead of zero. 

     <PredecessorLink>
            <PredecessorUID>1</PredecessorUID>
            <Type>1</Type>
            <CrossProject>0</CrossProject>
            <LinkLag>458752</LinkLag> Lag having wrong values for Zero lag delays.
            <LagFormat>7</LagFormat>
      </PredecessorLink>

    I have updated with the latest dlls of MPXJ library.

    Reply will be very helpful.

    Thanks in Advance,

    Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:03 PM

All replies

  • Archana H. R --

    What happens if you open the MPP file in Microsoft Project 2013 and then do the following:

    1. Click File > Export > Save Project as File.
    2. In the Save Project as File section of the Export page, select the XML Format (*.xml) option, and then click the Save As button.
    3. In the Save As dialog, select the location for the XML file, give it a new name (if needed), and then click the Save button.

    If you examine the resulting XML file, do you see the same Lag issue?  Let us know.  Also, please let us know if you have Service Pack 1 and the latest Cumulative Update installed?  It would help if we knew that.  Thanks.


    Dale A. Howard [MVP]

    Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:07 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello Dale,

    I have actually tested that initially, I saved the project in XML format and checked the LinkLag node value and its containing correct value.But once I convert the project to XML using MPXJ the value is not the correct one.

    Can you please share the details about Service Pack1 and Cumulative Update. Are these something to be installed for Micro Soft Project 2013. I don't think I have installed those. Please share more details about the same.

    Reply will be very help full.

    Thanks in advance,

    Friday, June 13, 2014 4:48 AM
  • Archana H.R --

    OK, thanks for letting us know that saving to XML directly from Microsoft Project 2013 works correctly.  Given the fact that MPXJ does not work properly, I would recommend you use the save to XML functionality in Microsoft Project 2013 instead.

    Regarding Service Pack 1 and the latest Cumulative Update, they fix lots of bugs in Microsoft Project 2013.  I strongly recommend that you install them:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817433

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2878276

    Hope this helps.


    Dale A. Howard [MVP]

    Friday, June 13, 2014 1:20 PM
    Moderator
  • If you need to persevere with MPXJ (perhaps for licensing issues), I'd recommend raising this question on Stack Overflow. I've spotted that questions tagged MPXJ tend to get answered by the chap who maintains the source code - I'm guessing he has an alert set-up.

    Thanks,
    Andrew


    Andrew Simpson
    Founder – Eversight Ltd

    E: info@eversight.co.uk
    W: www.eversight.co.uk

    Download Eversight for MS Project — a free add-on which helps users build high quality schedules with MS project.

    Friday, June 13, 2014 3:36 PM