Word 2010 Translator RRS feed

• Question

• I have Word 2010.  I also have Windows XP and 7.  I have a 32 page document with Clipart/graphics that I need to translate to Spanish.  

Whenever I click the dropdown to translate document, it opens a web page that tells me the link can not be found.  This happens on both my operating platforms.

I REALLY NEED THIS TO WORK!

HELP ME!!!!  :)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"HTTP 404 - Not found".

This error may occur if the file that you are trying to access has been moved or deleted. It can also occur if you try to access a file that has a restricted file name extension after you install the URLScan tool. You will see “Rejected by URLScan" in the w3svc log files after you install the URLScan tool. In this case, you see "Rejected by URLScan" in the log file entry for that request. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

248033 How system administrators can troubleshoot an "HTTP 404 - File not found" error message on a server that is running IIS.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem may occur Translator service corrupted, please follow these steps in stall Translator service:

1. Start Word 2010, Click Review > Research.
    2. Click Research Options, see blow image:

3. In the Research Options dialog box, Click Add Services button.
    4. In the Add Service dialog box, copy and paste following text to Address box, and then click Add :
      http://www.microsofttranslator.com/officetrans/register.asmx
    5. In the Translator Setup dialog box, click Continue, and then click Install.

If the problem still persists, you can also check this link out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Best regards.

William Zhou

Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:24 AM
  • Same issue as before.  I will try the link to microsoft also

The webpage cannot be found

<id id="http404"> HTTP 404</id>

Most likely causes:

• There might be a typing error in the address.
    • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

<id id="retypeAddress">Retype the address.</id>

Go back to the previous page.<noscript id="goBack"></noscript>

<id id="mainSite1">Go to </id><noscript id="mainSite2"></noscript><id id="mainSite3"> and look for the information you want.</id>

More information More information

Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

"HTTP 404 - Not found".

This error may occur if the file that you are trying to access has been moved or deleted. It can also occur if you try to access a file that has a restricted file name extension after you install the URLScan tool. You will see “Rejected by URLScan" in the w3svc log files after you install the URLScan tool. In this case, you see "Rejected by URLScan" in the log file entry for that request. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

248033 How system administrators can troubleshoot an "HTTP 404 - File not found" error message on a server that is running IIS.

Best regards.

William Zhou

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:25 AM