none
MDT Deploy form USB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I have an entire deploy that works through WDS and everything works properly.
    The Sales department asked me to create the same Deployment but via USB to remote branches without a network connection.

I created the USB but encountered a problem.
    The deployment is deployed is the following (Operating System & software):

I have two physical drives divided into-
    Drive 1 is divided into two logical partitions: OS with letter C: and The second partition for DB the letter D:
    Drive 2 whole physical partition to a single partition with the letter E: 

The problem is this- because the Deploy is from USB, after the OS installed in the PC OOBE the USB receives the letter E!
    Once I try to change the letter in any way (<g class="gr_ gr_406 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="406" id="406">vbs</g>, <g class="gr_ gr_103 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="103" id="103">regedit</g> etc.) - the Deploy will fail because it loses the connection to USB. I tried every article I found so far on the web... )-:

Please your help...
    • Edited by JoeBntit Monday, October 29, 2018 5:21 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hello JoeBntit,

>>Are you Running the BareMetal or Inplace Task Sequence?

>>If you have drive which named as E then USB Should be assigned to next letter. 

If you want to deploy the devices via MDT Offline Media. Just create a standalone ISO and Copy the contents inside USB Stick! Make Sure to remove Network Path from Bootstrap.ini File As Offline Media will try to execute that files and it will throw an error message during Deployment Phase.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:24 PM
  • You could try adapting the script I wrote to dynamically set target drive during TS execution (0 or 1). In my case, I wrote this script to target the SSD drive, which is often being identified as Disk 1 (while standard TS targets Disk 0). 

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, November 5, 2018 9:00 AM
  • I also have the same problem. the USB key takes the letter D: while the second partition of my DISK 0 which is supposed to take it. when I change the letter of the USB key the deployment   finished   With errors.

Monday, November 5, 2018 9:47 AM