adk10 error at the end of install RRS feed

• Question

• fully patched Server 2016. Planning to install MDT 8450.

Should I ignore the error at the end of ADK 1703 installation... really cannot interpret the message. OS is Windows running on Hyper-V. + ADK. No better match for compatibility from my point of view.  What this means?

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, May 18, 2018 9:48 PM

Answers

• I thought they re-released ADK 1703 to fix this known driver signing issue? Here is the blog post by Michael Niehaus explaining the issue: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2017/05/16/quick-workaround-for-adk-1703-issue/ - You may also want to grab a more recent release of an ADK as each relese is backwards compatible.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Proposed as answer by Anton Romanyuk Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:25 PM
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Dunno. We have upgraded two customers to 1803 ADK thus far - no issues whatsoever, so i can‘t comment on that. ADK 1803 seems to be fairly problem-free.

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:03 PM

All replies

• I thought they re-released ADK 1703 to fix this known driver signing issue? Here is the blog post by Michael Niehaus explaining the issue: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2017/05/16/quick-workaround-for-adk-1703-issue/ - You may also want to grab a more recent release of an ADK as each relese is backwards compatible.

Cheers,
    Anton

• Proposed as answer by Anton Romanyuk Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:03 PM
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 8:12 AM
  • downloading ADK 1803....

but read what people saying discussing... there is a big chance that it will not work by itself or with 8450

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

at least will try. One thing is clear...better to not upgrade an existing MDT.

Thanks for the info

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Saturday, May 19, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Dunno. We have upgraded two customers to 1803 ADK thus far - no issues whatsoever, so i can‘t comment on that. ADK 1803 seems to be fairly problem-free.

Cheers,
    Anton

Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:03 PM
  • Didn't have any problem.

Thanks.

Friday, June 15, 2018 1:42 PM