Loopback Adapter is missing after last windows 10 update RRS feed

• Question

• You can't find the old devices installed, and on add legacy device there is no such option under MS network cards. 

Current windows version: 

Version 10.0.14393

Sunday, August 14, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter present for me in 14393 \ 1607.

Sunday, August 14, 2016 9:26 PM
  • Thanks, 

I've found this on another post and you are correct. 

Still I'm missing the old loopback interface that were defined in the system before the update. 

There are still there (as I can't rename the new loopback to the old loopback name as it is already exists, but I just can't see it......)

Monday, August 15, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Installing the Microsoft Loopback Adapter in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

The loopback has been called Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter since Windows 8. What other name are you referring to?

Monday, August 15, 2016 12:37 PM
  • Same issue here.
    After each major Windows 10 update, the loopback adapter gets hidden and if I add it again, I cannot use the old name that I set on the adapter (e.g. "Loopback")

I have tried various attempts to show hidden network adapters, but without luck.

I had to add new loopback adapter under different name.

Here's what did NOT work for me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/269155/error-message-when-you-try-to-set-an-ip-address-on-a-network-adapter

Show hidden devices in Device Manager and uninstall "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter" - did not help.
    Use devcon.exe to list hidden network adapters - could not see the hidden loopback adapter.
    Monday, December 11, 2017 6:38 PM
  • Same issue here.
    After each major Windows 10 update, the loopback adapter gets hidden and if I add it again, I cannot use the old name that I set on the adapter (e.g. "Loopback")

I have tried various attempts to show hidden network adapters, but without luck.

I had to add new loopback adapter under different name.

Here's what did NOT work for me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/269155/error-message-when-you-try-to-set-an-ip-address-on-a-network-adapter

Show hidden devices in Device Manager and uninstall "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter" - did not help.
    Use devcon.exe to list hidden network adapters - could not see the hidden loopback adapter.

That is a different issue to the this question, and old answered questions do not get replies.

Suggest you open a new question for your issue.

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:55 PM