none
Installation Problem for McAfee Virus Scan Plus 2008 in Windows 7 despite resorting to compatibility mode feature. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had installed Windows 7 Beta version in one partition of my PC successfully. Subsequently, when I wanted to install McAfee Virus Scan Plus 2008 in this partition, I was not able to achieve desired success as some of the features of McAfee were not responding properly and showing error. However, after successive efforts of installation, by changing the conditions of non-functionality of the program and selecting XP SP2 as the compatible OS which supported this program (though the program is functioning properly in my office PC  with Vista SP2 OS also) , I could manage to install it satisfactorily. The only feature still failed to respond properly was updating of the program which required running the system in Safe Mode with Networking for the program to search for the updates and subsequently download/install the updates. I even contacted McAfee for support by e-mailing them the problem encountered but their reply was that they cannot provide support for my problem due to the fact that their program is not meant for any OS which is still in trial stage. As such, I had no option but to accept the things as they are. I was very hopeful when Windows 7 RC was made available thinking that with this OS my problem would be resolved. However, despite successfully upgrading my OS from Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC, the situation for McAfee remains same, whether it is installation issue of the program or failure of its automatic/manual update functionality. I earnestly need help from the forum members to educate me on this issue.        
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:35 PM