Adobe CS5.5 Sequence / DSC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've successful seqeunced a lot of applications with App-V 4.6 SP1 for my intership last two months. Now, they want to sequence the Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection. This packet is after installation around the 20GB, so it must be seqeunced as many individual packets. For testing purposes, I've sequenced some applications in the CS5.5 collection (After Effects, Photoshop), and also the automatic installed prerequirements (Mocha for After Effects, Adobe Bridge, Media Encoder, Story, Extension Manager, ExtendScript Toolkit).

Now, when I started the App-V applications on the Test-PC, I saw that After Effects can't find Adobe Bridge and the QuickTime Player (Sequenced in another single package). After research on Internet, I saw that the Adobe Bridge must be visible for the total of 20 app's in the CS5.5 Collection.

Even all of the applications must see each other with the export to function (Premiere Pro project --> Encore, After Effects, Story), (Photoshop --> Bridge, Mini Bridge, Device Central).

In the preferences for Adobe Bridge, I find this (This is the whole Stand-Alone installation, in the sequence packet I see only 1 App):

My question is, how can I make it for every Application possible to see each other? Must I sequence the packets as Middleware? Or can I make a dependencie with Standard Packages?

Or must I sequence only the Adobe Bridge as Middleware, and make a DSC to the other packages?

Thanks

• Edited by FrankjJ91 Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For full-software suites - only a single package is supported.

Dynamic Suite Composition is only intended for plugins.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Znack has the answer but even if you were to ignore that and try. It's a logistics nightmare. I wouldn't see the point of sequencing all of them together and just DSC'ing Bridge, you'd have one huge suite of apps and a small one, do you think Birdge will be needed by other apps outside of this suite in the future?.

To be honest the Adobe suite is so large I don't think I'd advise sequencing it for streaming. I guess what you could do is do a bunch of smaller sequences, sequence Flash with Adobe Bridge, Dreamweaver with Adobe Bridge etc. that way Bridge will be in it's own  bubble with the app that requires it since there will be no DSC it won't conflict with the other instance of Bridge.

But it really depends on how you use the products. Can you even be sure that you can carry out sufficent testing to be satisfied the apps work properly streamed, things like Flash are quite complex with a lot of features, can you be sure you'd catch all issues?

Again, if it was me I wouldn't attempt it. But that's just my opinion.

Blog: www.rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

I've make my choice with these suggestions that I don't sequence the Adobe Packet, because it's very large and advanced with Dynamic links between applications, hidden services and a lot more.

I'll make it available with InstallRite or sysprep it in the image.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by FrankjJ91 Friday, December 16, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For full-software suites - only a single package is supported.

Dynamic Suite Composition is only intended for plugins.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Znack has the answer but even if you were to ignore that and try. It's a logistics nightmare. I wouldn't see the point of sequencing all of them together and just DSC'ing Bridge, you'd have one huge suite of apps and a small one, do you think Birdge will be needed by other apps outside of this suite in the future?.

To be honest the Adobe suite is so large I don't think I'd advise sequencing it for streaming. I guess what you could do is do a bunch of smaller sequences, sequence Flash with Adobe Bridge, Dreamweaver with Adobe Bridge etc. that way Bridge will be in it's own  bubble with the app that requires it since there will be no DSC it won't conflict with the other instance of Bridge.

But it really depends on how you use the products. Can you even be sure that you can carry out sufficent testing to be satisfied the apps work properly streamed, things like Flash are quite complex with a lot of features, can you be sure you'd catch all issues?

Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:30 PM

I've make my choice with these suggestions that I don't sequence the Adobe Packet, because it's very large and advanced with Dynamic links between applications, hidden services and a lot more.

I'll make it available with InstallRite or sysprep it in the image.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by FrankjJ91 Friday, December 16, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 1:41 PM