Sign in as another user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Wondering how others set up this SP

So your site collection resides at http://servername/abc/123

When you use "/_layouts/closeConnection.aspx?loginasanotheruser=true" it takes you to the root of the site collection where you are presented with:

• Edited by G99 Monday, March 18, 2019 4:19 PM edit
    Friday, February 8, 2019 3:45 PM

All replies

• Don't use that. It doesn't properly clear your session and you'll end up with partial data from the previous session. There was a reason it was removed from the UI.

What are you attempting to accomplish?

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, February 8, 2019 3:58 PM
  • What form of authentication are you using? Are users using the same PC and the same Windows (or other) login?

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

You can add “Source parameter” to the Url, it will redirect to your respected Url.

For example:

/_layouts/closeConnection.aspx?loginasanotheruser=true&Source=http://servername/abc/123

By the way, you can start the browser as a different user to sign in as different user in SharePoint.

Best regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 11, 2019 7:39 AM
  • We have multiple site collections so although this is a good workaround, it wouldn't work in our environment 
    Monday, February 11, 2019 8:56 AM
  • OK, again you shouldn't be using this function _at all_ but why are you using it?

Trevor Seward

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:05 PM
  • Hey Trevor,

not my thread, but we are using this url in a forms based login scenario, so that the user can logout herself and log someone else in.

Is there any standard replacement for the "closeconnection.aspx?loginasanotheruser=true" that allows for a sincere way to change the logged in user?

Thanks in advance,

Urs

Monday, June 29, 2020 1:47 PM
  • Use the FBA log out function and close the browser.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Monday, June 29, 2020 3:55 PM