none
Second DPM Server Cannot See Servers RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup a second DPM server and when i search for items to backup, i see no clients.  Will a DPM server not show agents that are used by other DPM servers?  i want to move some of my existing backups to a new DPM box.  I was planning on disabling protection on the old DPM server for a group, then creating it on the new server. 
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:12 PM

Answers

• Depending what you are trying to accomplish you will have two options and they are as follows:

If you are setting up a Secondary server to replicate what has already been backed up on the Primary server you will push and agent to the Primary DPM server and then you will create you Protection group and expand the primary DPM server. There you will see the servers protected by the first server.  The secondary server will only backup data from the primary server and not the clients directly.

You can also protect additional servers directly on the Secondary that are not protected by the Primary DPM server.

If you wish to have a second DPM server directly backup these clients and not be a replica of the Primary you will have to uninstall the agent from the servers you wish to protect and reinstall from the secondary server. 

• Edited by Brian_Truman Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:51 PM added info
    • Marked as answer by BeaconLight Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:49 PM