none
item change SPD workflow to running twice

Question

• Hi,

I have a very simple SPD designer workflow. This is a list workflow set to run when an item changes.

list is an issue list with 2 owners, there is an item owner field and a resolution owner field.

The workflow is in the screenshot below. I put this people's user id's into two variables and if the person making the update is the Res. owner field it sends an email to the item owner field.

Everything works great but the workflow is running twice! I can't understand why. There is a column on this list which appends changes to existing field, could that be the cause? Any opinions would be welcome!

ceren

• Edited by ova c Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:23 AM

Answers

• That thread solved this issue, I do not know why.

The interesting thing is when I saved the list as template, then create it blank, on that list the workflow runs smoothly...

Pausing the workflow 1 minute, after sending the email prevented  running twice but I do not know why. This is the weirdest problem I ever had with SharePoint.

ceren
    • Marked as answer by ova c Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:13 AM

All replies

• That thread solved this issue, I do not know why.

The interesting thing is when I saved the list as template, then create it blank, on that list the workflow runs smoothly...

Pausing the workflow 1 minute, after sending the email prevented  running twice but I do not know why. This is the weirdest problem I ever had with SharePoint.

ceren
    • Marked as answer by ova c Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:18 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:13 AM
  • I had this happen on my workflow because multiple event receivers got attached to the list. So it had 2 item created receivers and 2 item updated. This was firing my workflow 2 times. To fix it I ran the following powershell on the server:

$spWeb = Get-SPWeb -Identity http://mySP2010site/mySP2010SubSite/ 
    $spList = $spWeb.Lists["MyList"] 
    $spList.EventReceivers
    That showed me my duplicates then I did this to delete them:
    $spList.EventReceivers[#].Delete()

• Proposed as answer by CoderMonkey09 Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:02 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hey CoderMonkey09, I have the same thing happening on mine. I looked at the event receivers like you suggested and see a version 14.0.0.0 and a version 15.0.0.0 for both ItemAdded and ItemUpdated. Which one would you suggest I delete? I'm on SharePoint Server 2013 and the workflow platform is 2010.

Thanks,

David

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:14 PM
  • Hi David, 

I ran the same commands and looked into event receivers. I see Smartlogic.semaphore, version 1.0.0.0 and Microsoft.sharepoint version 14.0.0.0 for both ItemUpdated and ItemAdded. Which one should i delete?

Thanks,

Pradnya

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:13 PM