none
Project templates missing from Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was looking at Microsoft Ignite series and there when they clicked on "New" on top left corner to create a new project in "Project Center" they would get a lot more options like "Marketing project" e.t.c.

But when I went to my own Project Center, I only saw two options; Basic Project and Minimal Project (or something like I don't remember exact words)

So my question is how do I see all the options like Ignite series? Is there a way to download these templates (if that's what they are called)

Thanks

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:22 AM

Answers

• No, answer is still the same. I am not sure which video you are referring to, anyone can create template with any name. This user may be using Hyper V demo image provided by MS, which can be downloaded from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27417#overview

For Project Serve 2010 you need only 2010-10a.part01.exe  through 2010-10a.part23.rar and  2010-10a.sfv files

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:10 PM
  • Yes, the other options which you saw , were customize template. AS per your need , you can create your own templates. Only Basic Project Plan is out of the box template available.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:35 AM

All replies

• Yes, the other options which you saw , were customize template. AS per your need , you can create your own templates. Only Basic Project Plan is out of the box template available.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:35 AM

Blog | < | LinkedIn

I just watched another video on Youtube and in that they had all the templates that were in Microsoft Ignite videos. So I guess this is something not customized but available for download. Or may be it is somewhere in the Project Server and needs to be enabled?
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:44 AM
  • No, answer is still the same. I am not sure which video you are referring to, anyone can create template with any name. This user may be using Hyper V demo image provided by MS, which can be downloaded from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27417#overview

For Project Serve 2010 you need only 2010-10a.part01.exe  through 2010-10a.part23.rar and  2010-10a.sfv files

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:10 PM