Timeout on report generation RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon all,

I have an App-V 4.5 server with a remote SQL 2008 server as the database server.  We run regular reports for apication usage and most of them run normally except for our monthly ones.  When we run the monthly reports, the data it's compilng is fairly large, and if it takes longer than 15 minutes to generate the report, it times out and the report fails.  I've searched through all the settings and cannot find anything to extend the timeout period.  We have timed this and it is aprecise 15 minute threshold, if the report generates in 14:59, it will work, but at 15 minutes or over, it fails. 

Has anybody seen this or know where I might look to resolve it?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:29 PM

Answers

• Have not experienced that before, but could it be some HTTP -related session timeout in IIS that you could check for, considering that Management Console talks through ASP.NET Mgmt Web Service application?

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 7:21 PM

All replies

• Have not experienced that before, but could it be some HTTP -related session timeout in IIS that you could check for, considering that Management Console talks through ASP.NET Mgmt Web Service application?

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:04 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Thanks for that suggestion Kalle, I'll look into it and see if thats the problem.  I'll report back with my findings.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:57 PM