none
Hyper-V shutdown

Question

• Please can anybody tell me how to shutdown Hyper-V Host. I am using VM ware workstation. I have been through all the best practices to shut down but WHERE TO SHUT DOWN FROM. Is there any command or key to shutdown Hyper-V host.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:31 PM

All replies

• Shutdown.exe. I use shutdown /s /t 0.

Eric Siron
    Altaro Hyper-V Blog
    I am an independent contributor, not an Altaro employee. I accept all responsibility for the content of my posts. You accept all responsibility for any actions that you take based on the content of my posts.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:17 PM
  • Please can anybody tell me how to shutdown Hyper-V Host. I am using VM ware workstation.

Eric has provided a way to shutdown any Windows-based system, but I'm a bit confused by your question.  If you are running VMware Workstation, where is Hyper-V coming into play?  Are you running it as a VM under VMWare workstation?  If so, that is not supported.  Though you can install it in a virtual machine, it will not support the running of VMs.  Besides, VMware workstation should have a way to shutdown its VMs.

And in addition to the command Eric provided, you can also use the PowerShell command Stop-Computer.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Hi,
    Are there any updates?
    You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 03, 2017 3:03 AM