none
internal NAV2013 to relay email externaly through our internal exchange server

Question

• Hello,

We are using NAV 2013 to externally relay email outside and inside through our in house exchange server.

I created a new Frontend connected with "TYPE" Custom and selected specific ip to configure relay through exchange server.

Once created the Receive connectors I want only Anonymous permission to be set under permission group and not exchange users as this is allowing external 3rd party exchange server to relay emails through our exchange server.

When i edit the properties of the exchange server to uncheck Exchange Server it gives me an error "You must set the value for the PermissionGroups parameter to ExchangeServers when you set the AuthMechanism parameter to a value of ExternalAuthoritative."

My motive is that I want to allow only the NAV2013 to relay emails through our exchange and no other exchange server or any other application for security reasons.

Please help

Saturday, May 31, 2014 5:10 AM

All replies

• Did you select Externally Secured in the Authentication? Change it back to default one which is just TLS for custom relay and then set the Anonymous.

Detail steps are here

How to Configure a Relay Connector in Exchange Server 2013

Blog | Get Your Exchange Powershell Tip of the Day from here

Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:09 PM
  • Hello

Once i created a Receive Connectors bydefault TLS is selected and then i put a tick mark on Anonymous but as soon as i save i get error "You must set the value for the PermissionGroups parameter to ExchangeServers when you set the AuthMechanism parameter to a value of ExternalAuthoritative." and it doesn't let me save unless i select Exchange Server

I have followed the same link that you provided me.

There is another problem as well, I have restricted a distribution group from receiving email from external to the organisation but as soon as i created this relay connectors this group starts receiving email external to the organisation which is very strange. I tested by disabling the relay connector and then sending email from gmail and then i get a bounce in gmail and the DG doesn't receive email but as soon as I enable relay connector the distribution group starts receiving email.

I have also recreated the connector as well but still the same issue.

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:51 AM