none
Windows10 Application Compatibility. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We need to check, whether our current system works fine with Windows 10 (or) not? Our system contains many windows services, UI and combination of many other components. Currently it works fine with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. 

Is there any way to check it systematically with out executing entire system test cases. Can you please let me know the process and tools.

Thank you. 

with best regards, 
    Praveen.B

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:15 AM

Answers

• because it will be involved many windows services, UI and combination of many other components I suggest you create 1 test machine with Windows 10 (clean install Windows 10 or upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1) and same environment previous OS (network, domain, user name, apps, GPO ect)

and also make sure your PC has driver for Windows 10, you can check at your PC manufactured site or discuss with them. Some PC model not ready or cant be upgrade to Windows 10 (driver or compatibility issue)

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Hi Praveen,

Welcome to Microsoft TechNet Forum.

For your question about how to check whether the Windows 10 system works fine with other application. I support the solution which offered by britishdehez. Create a test machine to check.

In addition to that, you can create Windows 10 in Hyper-V to test the application compatibility if you just want to test the application compatibility with Windows 10. Pay attention to that if you want to test some application related to hardware such as driver, you would better create a test physical machine to check the compatibility.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:25 AM

All replies

• because it will be involved many windows services, UI and combination of many other components I suggest you create 1 test machine with Windows 10 (clean install Windows 10 or upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1) and same environment previous OS (network, domain, user name, apps, GPO ect)

and also make sure your PC has driver for Windows 10, you can check at your PC manufactured site or discuss with them. Some PC model not ready or cant be upgrade to Windows 10 (driver or compatibility issue)

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Hi Praveen,

Welcome to Microsoft TechNet Forum.

For your question about how to check whether the Windows 10 system works fine with other application. I support the solution which offered by britishdehez. Create a test machine to check.

In addition to that, you can create Windows 10 in Hyper-V to test the application compatibility if you just want to test the application compatibility with Windows 10. Pay attention to that if you want to test some application related to hardware such as driver, you would better create a test physical machine to check the compatibility.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:25 AM