none
BMR from DPM fails RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am going to run a BMR on a VM in hyper-V (OS drive on a big fileserver). I made a similar VM. Same size OS disk. When attempting to run the restore i get an error as in the picture below:

    Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

    So i added 10GB more than the original server OS disk. Same error. So i double the disk size. Same error.

    Tried to make new VM, also with double the disk size. Same error.

    Anyone that have seen this before?


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:46 AM

Answers

  • hi,

    Since nobody was able to figure this out, I tried some things and fixed it myself. I am posting what worked for me here, hoping that the solution may benefit someone in the future.

    Basically, it's a very simple problem. What seemed to be the issue for me was that when I ran the restore using  DPM, DPM put the WindowsServerBackup restore folder inside to other folders (i.e third level down from the share). This was not a problem per se, but when DPM restores BMR backups, the folders it creates during the restore contains some characters that apparently is not recognized when you run the restore from the ISO.

    I simply renamed the folders above the WindowsServerBackup folder and the problem was solved.


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

    • Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:12 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:12 AM

All replies

  • Don't everyone answer at once...

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Nobody are able to answer this?

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:50 AM
  • hi,

    Since nobody was able to figure this out, I tried some things and fixed it myself. I am posting what worked for me here, hoping that the solution may benefit someone in the future.

    Basically, it's a very simple problem. What seemed to be the issue for me was that when I ran the restore using  DPM, DPM put the WindowsServerBackup restore folder inside to other folders (i.e third level down from the share). This was not a problem per se, but when DPM restores BMR backups, the folders it creates during the restore contains some characters that apparently is not recognized when you run the restore from the ISO.

    I simply renamed the folders above the WindowsServerBackup folder and the problem was solved.


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

    • Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:12 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:12 AM