none
PerformancePoint Dashboard Item RRS feed

• Question

• I CANNOT see the 'PerformancePoint Dashboard Item' when trying to 'Add A Web Part' from my 'SharePoint default.aspx'.
    ANYONE know how or where I can download this from or find it?

QUESTION #2:

(Help me out here?) Maybe this isnt the correct item I should be selecting?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1 - I have a Dashboard that consists of 4 scorecards [by region].

2 - There has been new changes in the Organization and now 2 of these scorecards need to be shown on a seperate page in     SharePoint.

3 - Creating the 2 scorecards again for a new site seemed unnecessary and redundant.

4 - I thought using the PerformancePoint Dashboard Item would solve this issue for me but I cannot find that in the list.

Can someone help me out where I can find this 'web item'?
    OR...

Suggest a better solution on how to share 2 scorecards (that are currently in ONE dashboard on ONE Sharepoint Site) to a seperate Sharepoint Site without having to rebuild them?

Thanks!

Margaret Ralph  

margaret
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:24 PM

All replies

• From the sounds of it the new site is in a seperate site collection and not in a subsite.  Is this correct?  If this is simply in a sub site then you should be able to see the PerformancePoint Dashboard Item when you edit the page and add a web part (in the Miscellaneous section).  If you are not seeing the web part then it sounds to me like you are in a different site collection.  If this is the case you will need to configure the dashboard item web part in the other application so that you can use this.  Take a look at either of these two postings for that information - How do I deploy the Monitoring web part on a separate SharePoint Web Application on the same SharePoint Web Server? and Deploying PerformancePoint Server (PPS) Dashboard Viewer web part to new Web Application.

If you are in an actual subsite within the collection then you can utilize the PerformancePoint Dashboard Item to add the scorecards by connecting to the PPS server.  You do not have to design additional scorecards, but if you want to create an actual custom dashboard page with Dashboard Designer for this new site then you will need to create the modified dashboard and deploy that to the document library in the new site and you will most likely need to modify the original dashboard and redeploy if you need to remove scorecards (unless you used the PerformancePoint Dashboard Item to display the PPS items).
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:31 AM