none
using an existing TS RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have a base image with tweaked TS that perfectly serves for a long time.

I just update the wim and replace the outdated one using the same name in TS.

Now...

I captured a new image (different requirements). Added it to Operating Systems. 

I would like to use my TS (tweaked once).

My plan is:

1. In TS node I will create a new folder (with a name corresponding to a new OS deployment). 

2. Will copy my existing tweaked TS to the created folder.

3. Rename the TS to correspond to new depl.

4. In TS itself will change the path for newly created OS in Operating system folder.

I guess this should work without any issue.

Am I correct?

Thx.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Saturday, December 30, 2017 2:13 AM

Answers

• I would create a new TS via MDT, copy over the ts.xml file which contains your adjustments and then re-link new OS image. You may need to tweak unattend.xml as you RuneOnce entries do not carry over.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by pob579 Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:38 PM
    Saturday, December 30, 2017 11:24 AM

All replies

• I would create a new TS via MDT, copy over the ts.xml file which contains your adjustments and then re-link new OS image. You may need to tweak unattend.xml as you RuneOnce entries do not carry over.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by pob579 Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:38 PM
    Saturday, December 30, 2017 11:24 AM
  • I will try as you recommend (in 2018 :) ).

Happy New Year, Anton!

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:14 PM
    Saturday, December 30, 2017 6:14 PM