none
How to configure Exchange for DPM2010 Report emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

This may be more of an Exchange question but can anyone tell me how I go about enabling Exchange so my DPM reports are allowed to be emailed through it.

Other questions seemed to be answer by "allow your DPM server to relay through the Exchange server" but I am unsure on how exactly to do this and don't want to allow more than I need to.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hi.

This may be more of an Exchange question but can anyone tell me how I go about enabling Exchange so my DPM reports are allowed to be emailed through it.

Other questions seemed to be answer by "allow your DPM server to relay through the Exchange server" but I am unsure on how exactly to do this and don't want to allow more than I need to.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

This is pretty straight forward. You simply create a receive connector on your Exchange and allow the IP of your DPM server to send mail to it. Here is a link that will guide you through the process of setting up the relay.

http://exchangeserverpro.com/how-to-configure-a-relay-connector-for-exchange-server-2010

Let us know if you need more help.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

This is pretty straight forward. You simply create a receive connector on your Exchange and allow the IP of your DPM server to send mail to it. Here is a link that will guide you through the process of setting up the relay.

http://exchangeserverpro.com/how-to-configure-a-relay-connector-for-exchange-server-2010

Let us know if you need more help.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:53 PM
  • Thanks. It was the bit right at the bottom I was missing.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:23 PM