none
Timesheet Approval RRS feed

• Question

• I need help understanding timesheet approval. Is this scenario possible? I've looked for resources on the topic and haven't come up with much. I appreciate the help.

Scenario: Timesheet contains top-level row for projects currently assigned, user fills out timesheet and hits submit. Their timesheet approver receives the timesheet as a whole and approves or denies it. The project manager is not involved.

What I've experienced so far is that the timesheet approver cannot view the timesheet they're approving as a whole and will only receive individual administrative rows, but none of the top-level project rows.

Ian

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:57 PM

Answers

• here you go.. hope this helps!

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by Ian Bruckner Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:11 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Thank you, those pictures definitely answered the question that it was possible. I was using Turn in the Final Timesheet  option. It turns out my problem was that on administrative time categories, I had marked some as "require approval". When I turned that off, now the entire timesheet displays as one row just as you showed. Prior to me flipping that, I'd have one or two rows of "administrative time" needing to be approved. I suspect, but haven't verified, that if I approved those admin time rows, that then the entire timesheet would appear in my approvals bin as a single row for approval

Ian

Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:11 PM

All replies

• Ian,

I am not able to replicate your issue. Once the Timesheet has been submitted, using the Turn in the Final Timesheet  option, the Timesheet Manager sees it in the "Approvals section, and can view the entire Timesheet there.

However, if you are using the "Send Progress on All Tasks", then obviously the Timesheet Manager will only receive  updates on the Admin Time Tasks, because he/she is not a Status Managers for the Project Level Tasks.

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:11 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. Could post screenshot of what that looks like from the approver side?

Ian

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:56 PM
  • here you go.. hope this helps!

Cheers,

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Thank you, those pictures definitely answered the question that it was possible. I was using Turn in the Final Timesheet  option. It turns out my problem was that on administrative time categories, I had marked some as "require approval". When I turned that off, now the entire timesheet displays as one row just as you showed. Prior to me flipping that, I'd have one or two rows of "administrative time" needing to be approved. I suspect, but haven't verified, that if I approved those admin time rows, that then the entire timesheet would appear in my approvals bin as a single row for approval

Ian

Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:11 PM