Windows server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,

I am facing an issue, which is the option to change the server to a domain or WorkGroup has been grayed out and i am unable to change the server to domain. Any one faced this issue please help. 

Friday, May 3, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• You must be a member of the local administrators group for this. From cmd.exe

net localgroup administrators

to check it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Hi This is not a permission issue, I am logging in as administrator with full access, the server has been renamed recently, however in the server console its still taking the old hostname. Also on the server console it says restart pending. We have restarted the server but still the same error appears. Also the domain and work group option is graded out and further checking i got something ralated to the network driver issue. any further ideas ?
    Monday, May 6, 2013 8:52 AM
  •  further checking i got something ralated to the network driver issue.

What are the details here?

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, May 6, 2013 1:02 PM
  • I don't see anything related to your network driver issue.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:22 AM