Cannot verify or add calendar to outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 
    I have been using Outlook 2010 for last few years. I use it to access my work email which is on Microsoft Exchange. I was always able to add an internet calendar and paste secret ICAL link and it used to show me google calendar and sync it without any issues. 
    Off late I was having issues with syncing google calendar and send and receive was showing error. To fix it I removed the old calendar, reset my ICAL address. Since then I have been unable to add Google calendar back to Outlook. Each time I try, I get this error "Cannot verify or add calendar to outlook. Make sure the following link is a valid calendar link". Have tried numerous time with same result. Not sure where the problem is. It was working fine for all this while and has stopped suddenly. 
    Any help is much appreciated. 
    OS- Windows 7 Professional
    App- Outlook 2010
    Browser- Google chrome
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Mexicanking,

What if copying and pasting the ICAL address to the browser and see if the iCAL file can be opened in Outlook 2010?

>> I was having issues with syncing google calendar and send and receive was showing error. 

By this, do you mean there was a send and receive error related to the internet calendar when clicking Send and Receive? If this is the case, could you please remove the private information then share a screenshot about the error message so that we can do further research on this? 

Please feel free to post back with any updates. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 30, 2018 7:40 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun, 

Thanks for getting back to me. If I paste the link in the browser, it downloads the file and is well readable. So the link is 100% accurate. But when I add it to outlook after the first sync, it says send and receive error. I have attached a screenshot for same. 

I will really appreciate if you could sort me out with this. 

Kind regards, 

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:13 PM
  • same problem here for a long time. Any solutions?
    Friday, September 7, 2018 6:38 PM