none
Group Policy Wallpapers

Question

• Hi,

We need a way to push Wallpapers out via GPO. 

The issue is, there are multiple jpegs within a folder. as far as I know the GPO can only do single images. There is the option to use the GPO to target the theme instead. But the company wants to be able to change the images that are displayed on a monthly basis. 

We want it to be a less hassle as possible without them ringing us to change the theme manually.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 5:04 PM

Answers

• > The issue is, there are multiple jpegs within a folder. as far as I know
    > the GPO can only do single images.

Set the GPO image to a defined path and file. Then replace the file
    (through a scheduled task or whatever means :-))

Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

Based on my experience, there is no way to achieve your goal by design.

I think you could run a script with schedule task to change wallpaper monthly.

If you have problems about script, you could post your questions to script forum below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-us/home?category=scripting

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 3:06 AM
  • > The issue is, there are multiple jpegs within a folder. as far as I know
    > the GPO can only do single images.

Set the GPO image to a defined path and file. Then replace the file
    (through a scheduled task or whatever means :-))

Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

We need a way to push Wallpapers out via GPO. 

The issue is, there are multiple jpegs within a folder. as far as I know the GPO can only do single images. There is the option to use the GPO to target the theme instead. But the company wants to be able to change the images that are displayed on a monthly basis. 

I achieved the same thing with only a single image which is located in a folder as Martin mentioned. However I went a step further and created a schedule task which replace that single image with another image from a pool of 30 other images. I have an image for each day and they are changing constantly. Some sort of  old school "Webshots" application using GPO.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:38 AM
  • > created a schedule task which replace that single image with another
    > image from a pool of 30 other images.

That's what I had in mind when saying "replace the image" :-)

Thursday, March 03, 2016 10:41 AM