Opening a Virtualised PDF RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that the help is a pdf.  Both Acrobat Reader and this app are virtualised separately. However when the help is called Acrobat launches but displays the error “There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found."

Obviously Acrobat is launching in its own virtual environment and cannot see in to the virtual environment the pdf is stored in.

Apart from using DSC is the anyway to get Acrobat to read the pdf?

Monday, September 13, 2010 11:19 AM

Answers

• hello,

You can provide Adobe Acrobat within the same application or in DSC as you stated.

/Znack

Monday, September 13, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Because Adobe Reader is a common component of many environment, it's generally not a good candidate for virtualisation.
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:53 PM

All replies

• hello,

You can provide Adobe Acrobat within the same application or in DSC as you stated.

/Znack

Monday, September 13, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Thanks, though I was hoping for a solution that avoided bloating the virtual environment and wasn’t as obvious as those, something like a setting in the OSD. So far the only solution I have is not to virtualise Acrobat then the help document launches no problem.

Monday, September 13, 2010 1:08 PM
  • Because Adobe Reader is a common component of many environment, it's generally not a good candidate for virtualisation.
    Monday, September 13, 2010 1:53 PM

Agreed! Almost all the places I have worked so far that use AppV have these types of apps physical due the numerous applications that rely on them.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:19 PM