I get the following error when launching a stream : Error code: 4534DA9-0EC0600C-0000003C RRS feed

• Question

• The stream is a result of an existing stream that was patched with updated files.

In the sftlog file I find the following entry :

CSuite::InternalUpload failure  ec0600c-      3c while uploading Virtual Filesystem.

I read this forum post

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/nl/appvclients/thread/759d3269-e386-4cd5-8b54-f3ca05faeef7

I did not find any mappings in the stream I could remove
    I notice a weird directory structure in the vfs,  on the level where you see !MSVAS00011.rnt,  normally you only see folders like eg. CSIDL_APPDATA there.

I resaved the package without changing anything > did not solve the issue.
    Resaved the package after removing the weird directories > did not solve the issue either.

I have the issue on several servers and not with other packages on these servers, so the issue is package related, not sequence related.

Any suggestions ?

• Edited by Ikke II Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:56 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:40 PM

All replies

• If you extract the package inside the sequencing VM (via the Sequencer) where do those paths get extracted to? (i.e. the Q drive or somewhere on C). Application Virtualization Explorer might make it simpler to view the properties of those paths in the package: http://www.gridmetric.com/products/ave.html

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Hi , I openen the package for upgrade and the files in question were extracted to the Q-drive.

I seems that all these files are extracted to directories like
    Q:\rflxbls.002\VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\AxR8AXCTRLLib\1.0.0.0__13bff1b6907eadcf.
    It seems like they are all dotnet assemblies.   Could it be possible that the softgrid 4.5 sequencer has problems with the capture ?
    Friday, August 31, 2012 12:06 PM
  • What version of the sequencer and client are you using in your environment? See here for the full list: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/app-v-faq-5-what-are-the-current-versions-of-app-v/

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 31, 2012 1:10 PM
  • I created the sequence with Appv 4.5 without a service pack.

I am upgrading to 4.5.3.19480,  could I have had better results with that version ?
    Friday, August 31, 2012 1:27 PM
  • I'm not sure, you'd have to test. 4.5.3.19480 is over two years old now, any reason why you can't test with 4.6 SP1 + HF3/6?

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Good point ;-)
    Our infrastructure has not yet been upgraded, mostly because of political reasons, not technical.  No resources available impliment and test the upgrade of our infrastructure.

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:11 PM
  • 4.5.3.19480 does not solve the problem.

I will try again with appv 4.6 sequencer.
    Friday, August 31, 2012 2:17 PM