Upgrading from SCCM 2012 R2 to Upgrading from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 getting Requested registry access is not allowed RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running SCCM 2012 R2 on a Windows 2008 R2 Server that connects to a clustered Sql servers

I go to run the installer for SCCM 2012 SP2 that is suppose to upgrade the server to SP1. I click install when the cd loads then hit next on the "before you begin" screen and that is when I get the error. I am signed in as a Domain Admin.

I would really appreciate any help :)

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks, I didn't know about the log. I checked the log and my problem was the user I signed into on my sccm server wasn't an in the admin group on the windows server that was running the the sql database. That is why it couldn't get permission to access it's registry remotely.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Marked as answer by starburst64m Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Any difference if you right-click and select Run as Administrator?

/Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Friday, December 18, 2015 9:49 PM
  • I did try that no difference.
    Monday, December 21, 2015 3:20 PM
  • What does C:\ConfigMgr*.log tell?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:44 PM
  • Thanks, I didn't know about the log. I checked the log and my problem was the user I signed into on my sccm server wasn't an in the admin group on the windows server that was running the the sql database. That is why it couldn't get permission to access it's registry remotely.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Marked as answer by starburst64m Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:00 PM