Can someone help RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone help me..I am trying to update my messanger because it was not working.  I enabled all the updates and when I am trying to update Internet explorer it gives me a error code 80070005

can someone help me?????

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:57 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, regarding the messenger, I would like to confirm that if it failed to update the Windows Live Messenger. If so, please understand that this is Windows Forum. As this issue is Windows Live product related, I suggest submitting a new question on Windows Live Support.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regarding the update for Internet Explorer failure, the error code 0x80070005 is described as ACCESS DENIED (you do not have permission to install updates).

Please check that you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.

The issue can be caused by the security programs installed on the computer or the incorrect permission settings. Please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to test the update issue again.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:41 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:55 AM