none
Project Server 2010 - Attachments not showing on Project details page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

When any of the Team members or Project Managers try to add any attachments (Risks, Issues or Documents) using the Task details page, the document gets uploaded, can be seen in the Project Documents library, downloaded etc. However, none of these show up in Task details itself. I tried activating versioning, and requesting approvement for each document, and the process goes as expected, however nothing happens. No associated errors are shown in the Event viewer.

I recall that we had the same problem using Project server 2007, and I've googled out that we're not the only ones with it.

Am I missing something?

Friday, September 10, 2010 1:09 PM

Answers

• If you select 'Edit Properties' for the document, there is an extra tab available on the ribbon called 'Custom Commands'. Using the Link Items button, you can link the document to one of your tasks.

If the extra tab is not availabe, something is wrong (the integration feature might not be enabled). Have you modified the workspace template?

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Marked as answer by Raptus Friday, September 10, 2010 2:27 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 2:22 PM

All replies

• 1) What happens when you republish the project?
    2) Have you modified the default workspace template at all?

- Andrew Lavinsky

Friday, September 10, 2010 1:25 PM
  • Hello Andrew,

1. Nothing useful

2. No, nothing was changed

Friday, September 10, 2010 1:32 PM
  • Raptus,

Can you verify that the document, risk or issue is linked to the Task?

You can review this by opening the document properties on the workspace.

Hans

Friday, September 10, 2010 1:34 PM
  • You were right, there are no links in Document properties. However, I don't see any means to input it on the same page. Is there another procedure to link the document to the task?

Friday, September 10, 2010 1:40 PM
  • If you select 'Edit Properties' for the document, there is an extra tab available on the ribbon called 'Custom Commands'. Using the Link Items button, you can link the document to one of your tasks.

If the extra tab is not availabe, something is wrong (the integration feature might not be enabled). Have you modified the workspace template?

I hope this helps,
    Hans

• Marked as answer by Raptus Friday, September 10, 2010 2:27 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Thanks, Hans. That did the trick. Thank you all for your answers.

Friday, September 10, 2010 2:27 PM