none
Need help with MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My PM has asked me to prepare a project plan but I am quite new to MS project (in fact this is the first time I am creating a complete project plan) and any project management software as such.

My requirements is that I have three different entities (A, B, C) responsible for the tasks in the project. I have created separate custom fields for each and entered their name against the tasks. Now, I need to include % of work completed for each of them separately so that each task can be independently tracked against the entity responsible. Some of them are combined tasks where in A & B are to complete those and some are individual.

For example, Task 1: A - 50%, B - 30%, C - 60% 

Task 2: B - 75% etc.

So I added % of Work Completed against each entity (in adjacent columns), but when I update one it gets reflected in the other columns as well.

Is this the right way to do it? Is there any other way to do it? Plz help.

Regards,

Ahmed

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Ahmed,

If I understand your question correctly, I think you can use Task Usage view to manage individual/entity % work completed against a particular task.

I have tried to put together an example:

I have assigned the entities (resources) against each task

and then used the Task Usage where I've inserted the %work completed to track entities (resources) against each task

There are also other options/views that can be used, like Resource Usage

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

If I understand your question correctly, I think you can use Task Usage view to manage individual/entity % work completed against a particular task.

I have tried to put together an example:

I have assigned the entities (resources) against each task

and then used the Task Usage where I've inserted the %work completed to track entities (resources) against each task

There are also other options/views that can be used, like Resource Usage

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Thank you so much Paul... that worked... you made my life easier.. :-)

Regards,

Faiz

Monday, February 16, 2015 6:53 AM