Call Admission Control and inter site links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to create inter-site links in Call Admission Control between two sites when one site has no direct connection to MPLS (CAC Region)?

We have a network with many pop sites i.e. Manchester—10Mbps---> Leeds—100Mbps---> MPLS.

There are multiple sites like Manchester connecting back to one site, which than is directly connected to MPLS\Region.

One option would be to create a region for each site like Leeds. However, this would make the whole design very complicated, as we would have to create inter region links for all of them.

• Edited by Damian_K Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:31 PM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:03 AM

Answers

• CAC is independent of any underlying network infrastructure so yes you can create an inter-site link when one site is without a direct connection to a region.
    • Marked as answer by Damian_K Monday, November 26, 2012 8:53 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:38 PM

All replies

• CAC is independent of any underlying network infrastructure so yes you can create an inter-site link when one site is without a direct connection to a region.
    • Marked as answer by Damian_K Monday, November 26, 2012 8:53 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:38 PM
  • When you create a site (i.e. Manchester) in Lync, you always have to associate it with region. Since this site is not connected directly to region, but to another site instead. How, do you configure this in Lync? 

If I create Manchester site and I associate it directly with region. Than Lync will ignore current bandwidth utilization between Leeds and Region/MPLS.

I hope this makes sense

Monday, November 26, 2012 10:57 AM
  • I know you can create site links... but that will not help me in this case, because calls from Manchester site will not take in to consideration bandwidth limit between Leeds and MPLS, instead CAC will apply bandwidth policy from Manchester to MPLS.

Monday, November 26, 2012 2:32 PM
  • If Leeds and Manchester are defined as sites then it will work so I must be missing something.
    Monday, November 26, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Spoke to MS today. They recommended creating new region and assigning Manchester site to it (each site needs associated region).

This region would not have "region link" back to any other region in CAC (kind of standalone region). The only way Manchester site would connect back to rest of the network would be via the instersite link with Leeds.

So that's how it would look like in CAC. My question is... will London site be able to communicate with Manchester site?

• Edited by Damian_K Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:49 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:48 PM