none
CustomSettings.ini Not Applied RRS feed

• Question

• I customized this customsettings.ini with to join mydomain. but after the installation it join workgroup and computername is different. It seems that it keep apply different CS.ini but I can't figure out which one and where. Is anyone know a way to force the customsettings.ini inside the rules tap to  override any other CS.ini. 

Settings]
    Priority=Default
    [Default]
    OSDComputername=xxx-#Left("%SerialNumber%",6)#
    OSInstall=YES
    UserDataLocation=AUTO
    TimeZoneName=Central Standard Time
    AdminPassword=*******
    JoinDomain=mydomain.com
    DomainAdmin=mydomain\administrator
    DomainAdminPassword=*******
    SLShare=\\mdt\Logs$
    HideShell=YES
    ApplyGPOPack=NO
    SkipAppsOnUpgrade=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerName=NO
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipSummary=YES
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipFinalSummary=NO
    EventService=http://MDT:9800

Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:19 PM

Answers

• Oh I missed this:
    ERROR - rule Priority key not set in section [Settings]

Your CS.ini needs that fixed.

It would be something like

[Settings]

Priority=Default,SomeOtherSection

I thought your original post was a typo but, if it really is Settings] instead of [Settings] that is your problem.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:06 PM
  • This is from your logs.... Your CS.ini not being applied is not the only issue here:

Expected image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE, actual image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE , sysprep did not succeed. LTISysprep 11/9/2016 11:13:37 AM 0 (0x0000)
    FAILURE ( 6192 ): ERROR - Sysprep did not complete successfully, check C:\Windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setupact.log for details LTISysprep 11/9/2016 11:13:37 AM 0 (0x0000)
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005 LiteTouch 11/9/2016 11:13:38 AM 0 (0x0000)

and earlier in the log:

FAILURE ( 7002 ): Computer is a member of a domain, should be in a workgroup when sysprepping. LTISysprep 11/8/2016 12:44:51 PM 0 (0x0000)
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005 LiteTouch 11/8/2016 12:44:51 PM 0 (0x0000)

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:27 PM
  • There are 2 things.  Your CS.ini is wrong as per earlier AND the captured image was an issue.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:04 PM

All replies

• There are 2 areas that the rules are located:  a) under the Properties of the Deployment share (used for network installs) and 2) under the Properties of the Media (for USB media).

I suggest changing DomainAdmin=administrator and adding DomainAdminDomain=mydomain.com

Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, I updated your suggestions but it still not working with this Image, it at least change the computer name with other images.

-But with this exact Image it keep the computername from the captured image.

-also it not joining the domain as well.

-when start deploying wizard it shows the correct computername and all the domain information was correct but after the installation done (it reset).

Please share your suggestions, it's my first time :)

Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:09 PM
  • Is there a computer account with the same name already in the domain?

Jason

Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:27 PM
  • NO Jason, there is no account with the same name.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:35 PM
  • I noticed something and want to share.

every time I start the deployment I get the "Dirty environment found" message, I cleared it but it keep coming only when deploy this Image.

thoughts !!!!

Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:00 PM
  • Delete the minint folder.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 10:09 PM
  • Still nothing.

Friday, December 23, 2016 2:09 PM
  • Post a URL link to your logs.

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:30 PM
  • here you are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ulXV4lib69aVF2eXE3NExLaTQ/view?usp=sharing

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:53 PM
  • There are over 100 days of elapsed time on that log file so... try installing on a clean machine.  Or at least completely delete the partitions of the disk you are installing to.  What you are seeing is a result of stuff already existing on the disk.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:22 PM
  • Oh I missed this:
    ERROR - rule Priority key not set in section [Settings]

Your CS.ini needs that fixed.

It would be something like

[Settings]

Priority=Default,SomeOtherSection

I thought your original post was a typo but, if it really is Settings] instead of [Settings] that is your problem.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:06 PM
  • [Settings] is correct, I will try to start over a fresh process again and see if it work. The problem is that the same CS.ini works fine with any other image except this particular image.

Anyway Thanks a lot for the information and your time to look at my issue.

Thanks

Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:25 PM
  • You should mount the WIM and see if you have a MININT folder within the image.  If so you probably need to recreate the image.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:30 PM
  • No MININT folder exist, I am recreating the image anyway.

Thanks

Friday, December 30, 2016 3:43 PM
  • some other logs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ulXV4lib69d2JQU2lEMWllM28/view?usp=sharing

Friday, December 30, 2016 3:51 PM
  • The interesting thing here is you have other images that work just fine.

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:23 PM
  • This is from your logs.... Your CS.ini not being applied is not the only issue here:

Expected image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE, actual image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE , sysprep did not succeed. LTISysprep 11/9/2016 11:13:37 AM 0 (0x0000)
    FAILURE ( 6192 ): ERROR - Sysprep did not complete successfully, check C:\Windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setupact.log for details LTISysprep 11/9/2016 11:13:37 AM 0 (0x0000)
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005 LiteTouch 11/9/2016 11:13:38 AM 0 (0x0000)

and earlier in the log:

FAILURE ( 7002 ): Computer is a member of a domain, should be in a workgroup when sysprepping. LTISysprep 11/8/2016 12:44:51 PM 0 (0x0000)
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005 LiteTouch 11/8/2016 12:44:51 PM 0 (0x0000)

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:27 PM
  • Hi Ty,

Happy new year man,I will try to search about those failure and will let you know.

Thank you very much.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 2:42 PM
  • FYI

Ok, I started new Image Capture, and at the end it gives me the yellow screen that it success but with 3 errors and one warning

error - rule priority key not set in section [settings)

error -processing ini settings No further processing

ZTI ERROR -NON -ZERO return code by ZTIGather, rc=1

I will search and see what are those errors mean

Thanks

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:44 PM
  • If you are still having problems please copy your bdd.log and cs.ini file to a public site like one drive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:58 PM
  • There are 2 things.  Your CS.ini is wrong as per earlier AND the captured image was an issue.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:04 PM