Nividia GeForce 9300M G Error code43 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I get an Error Code43 for my Nividia GeForce 9300M G Display driver.

It says "windows (vista) has stopped the device because it has reported problems".

A subsequent "check for solutions" is unhelpfull...

Any help would be appreciated, as I can only just make out some things on the screen!!

Cheers

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, you are running in VGA Mode, your Nvidia display card is not detected. Based on the error "You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU", you may need to contact your computer manufacture to make some change on the BIOS or flash the vedio BIOS. As it is still under Warranty, best to sent it back and do some test on the BIOS  side.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by toenails Saturday, September 4, 2010 9:58 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:32 AM

All replies

• Has my graphics card seen it's last days??
    Monday, August 30, 2010 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Where did the issue begin to occur? Can you associate with any software\hardware change?

Please download the driver here to local hard drive, go to device manager, right click on the display card, select "Update driver software", then choose "Browse my computer for driver software".

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If this does not work, please boot to Safe Mode as a test. If it does work in Safe Mode, please disable the on-board video adapter in BIOS as a test. Meanwhile, you can unplug and plug the vedio card to make sure the cable connection is fine.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:21 AM
  • The issue occurred unexpectedly when I switched the notebook on one day. It was fine when I shut it down the night before, and I can't see any newly installed updates around this time.

Originally, the Nvidia Control Panel option in c:/control panel/ hardware and sound had dissapeared, so I had to maually update the driver. The Nvidia option returned, but when I try and open the Nvidia control panel it says " You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU".

Opening the unit is not an option at this stage as it is still just inside it's 2yr Warranty(by 2 weeks), so I will probably send it away.

It's a Medion MD96970 15.4" notebook, and the display comes up like it's pixelated at bios start-up, and then is split in half horizontally, and into 3-1/2 windows vertically (so it has 6 full windows and 2 half windows showing on the screen at once), so I can't really make out what I would be doing if I went into the bios settings (as well as not really knowing what I am doing!!).

I think the screen resolution is set on VGA 800 x 600, true colour (32bit), default refresh... this is the best I can get it through "adjust screen resolution" to see anything. All options are VGA

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

From your description, you are running in VGA Mode, your Nvidia display card is not detected. Based on the error "You are not currently using a display attached to a Nvidia GPU", you may need to contact your computer manufacture to make some change on the BIOS or flash the vedio BIOS. As it is still under Warranty, best to sent it back and do some test on the BIOS  side.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by toenails Saturday, September 4, 2010 9:58 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:32 AM