Hyper v and VMware RRS feed

• Question

• I have asked this questions in the MS Community everyone is telling me to disable Hyper v in the program and feature windows. However if you have for example installed Fedora in a Hyper V virtual machine. The Program and Features solution to disabling Hyper V is like asking a Bronco fan to root for the Patriots or asking a Patriot fan to start wearing orange and blue.  I have tried to shut down Hyper-v in Services.

All kidding aside, when I start VMware with Hyper V activated on my computer it responds VMware and Hyper-V are incompatible please remove the Hyper-v role from system.  Anyone have any suggestions as to this solution? I am using Windows 10.  I am using VMware 11 Workstation.

• Edited by YbisPeck Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:04 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

I have seen many similar issues since hyper-v role was released .

The root casue is both hyper-v and 3rd-party virtualization platform were installed on same computer .

And , hyper-v was loaded before the OS starting . So , please try to uninstall the role in control panel :

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 9, 2015 3:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:51 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:53 AM

All replies

• I ran into the same problem out of the blue. Running Windows 10 and VMWare Workstation 10. Never had a problem running VMWare Workstation 10 virtual machines until this morning, so I am wondering if a recent update added the Hyper-V role to the system, because I sure didn't! Let me know if you find a resolution.
    • Edited by ashwinkraj Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:04 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:03 AM
  • Hi Sir,

I have seen many similar issues since hyper-v role was released .

The root casue is both hyper-v and 3rd-party virtualization platform were installed on same computer .

And , hyper-v was loaded before the OS starting . So , please try to uninstall the role in control panel :

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, November 9, 2015 3:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:51 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:53 AM