system_service_exception (tcpip.sys) BSOD Windows 8 Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have full crash information with WhoCrashed, can someone please point me in the right direction with information on how to fix this problem. The computer was purchased in June and I need to use it for school and it keeps crashing on me. Any help would be appreciated.

-Sean

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:37 AM

Answers

• The driver that may be causing the crash is the netr28x.sys:

fffff880`1a8d7d18  fffff880`06ea613e*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys
     netr28x+0x8613e

The netr28x.sys, which is dated Apr 12, 2013, is driver for Ralink wireless adapter.

Try updating, rolling back or reinstalling the Ralink wireless adapter driver.

HP has what appears to be an older driver which may work better:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111691-1&cc=ca&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5360126&sw_lang=

If the Ralink wireless adapter driver has recently been updated via Windows Update you may want to "hide" that update if you roll back the driver.

• Proposed as answer by Andre.ZieglerEditor Friday, October 4, 2013 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, October 21, 2013 9:43 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies

• Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:56 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the link: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8A7F64760D803C25!179&authkey=!AC9mqm1pp54jWdc . The settings should be public. I appreciate your help!
    Friday, October 4, 2013 4:34 AM
  • The driver that may be causing the crash is the netr28x.sys:

fffff880`1a8d7d18  fffff880`06ea613e*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys
     netr28x+0x8613e

The netr28x.sys, which is dated Apr 12, 2013, is driver for Ralink wireless adapter.

Try updating, rolling back or reinstalling the Ralink wireless adapter driver.

HP has what appears to be an older driver which may work better:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111691-1&cc=ca&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5360126&sw_lang=

If the Ralink wireless adapter driver has recently been updated via Windows Update you may want to "hide" that update if you roll back the driver.

• Proposed as answer by Andre.ZieglerEditor Friday, October 4, 2013 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, October 21, 2013 9:43 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Thanks for your help. I just installed the previous version from the link you posted and it installed perfectly. Hopefully this helps! 
    Friday, October 4, 2013 5:26 PM
  • You're welcome.

Post back if the issue reoccurs.

Friday, October 4, 2013 11:19 PM
  • I had some issues. Everything was working fine until I got the BSOD again, same error codes and then when it restarted my Ralink Wi-Fi adaptor stopped working and it said it was corrupt. I'm trying to go to HP and get a new driver for it, but I'm pretty lost at this point.
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:11 PM
  • Couldn't use anything on my computer so I did a complete system restore. The wireless issue is fixed and hopefully everything else it. I'll post back if I have any more issues. Thanks
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 10:59 PM
  • BSOD within 2 hours. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys) .. I don't know what to do with this computer anymore. I've noticed that most of the time the computer has crashed I've either had Spotify or Youtube running while I was doing my school work. 
    Sunday, October 6, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Can you provide the following file via Windows Live SkyDrive which should contain more information on the crash:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

The memory.dmp file will be quite large so to upload it to Windows Live SkyDrive you may have to zip and compress the file with a third party application such as 7-Zip or WinRAR.

Also, can you provide the following info:

Start > type msinfo32.exe and press "Enter" > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file

Then make the resulting .nfo file available via Windows Live SkyDrive.  

Also, can you do the following?:

Start > type eventvwr.exe and press "Enter"  > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

Then make the resulting .evtx file available via Windows Live SkyDrive

• Edited by auggyMVP Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:30 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:27 PM