none
internet explorer error RRS feed

• Question

• what does this error mean

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:
    Line 145:
    Line 146:                results = (from i in items
    Line 147:                           select new CatalogItem()
    Line 148:                           {
    Line 149:                               Rank = i.Rank / maxRank,

Source File: d:\WebSites\PQULMSv92NEW\App_Code\Catalog\CatalogDBEntities.cs    Line: 147

Friday, January 16, 2015 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi DH124,

Are you developing some web application here? If not, which application are you running here when receiving this error message?

The error here seems to be indicated to the select new CatalogItem() format, you may check this in some developer forums, with your developing language.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please let us know while opening IE are you getting this type of error??

Which IE version are you using?

Friday, January 16, 2015 11:02 AM
  • Source File: d:\WebSites\PQULMSv92NEW\App_Code\Catalog\CatalogDBEntities.cs    Line: 147

I think that detail could be significant.  Which machine is it referring to, yours or the server's?  If it is yours what were you trying to do?  E.g. perhaps you should be using IIS locally instead of whatever that is?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, January 16, 2015 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi DH124,

Are you developing some web application here? If not, which application are you running here when receiving this error message?

The error here seems to be indicated to the select new CatalogItem() format, you may check this in some developer forums, with your developing language.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:55 AM