I too get the report of Failiure configuring Windows updates.... RRS feed

• Question

• I too get the report of Failiure configuring Windows updates, however, when it restarts and I go into safe mode with networking, it indicates the same message and restarts on it own......PLEASE HELP! I don't have the luxury of being able to access my Windows, it won't even go to password!
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers

• I would suggest rolling your computer back using system restore.

I would roll it back to before you installed the system updates that are causing the affliction.

use the system recovery disc that came with the PC to do so. Also, depending on the manufacturer, on startup, press F8 repeatedly to get to the system restore. 

• Edited by Lewis Renwick Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Monday, July 28, 2014 4:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:59 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

Please press and hold the F8 key* early in the system boot process. Then select the Repair your computer option from the boot menu that appears.

If Windows RE is not installed or is unable to boot from the internal drive, access it as follows:

Insert your installation media -> Press a key when the Press any key to boot from CD or DVD message appears -> You will be prompted to select a Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method.  Configure each of these settings and then click Next. -> Click the Repair your computer option

Then, choose System Restore to fix this issue.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 11, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• I would suggest rolling your computer back using system restore.

I would roll it back to before you installed the system updates that are causing the affliction.

use the system recovery disc that came with the PC to do so. Also, depending on the manufacturer, on startup, press F8 repeatedly to get to the system restore. 

• Edited by Lewis Renwick Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lewis Renwick Monday, July 28, 2014 4:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:59 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

Please press and hold the F8 key* early in the system boot process. Then select the Repair your computer option from the boot menu that appears.

If Windows RE is not installed or is unable to boot from the internal drive, access it as follows:

Insert your installation media -> Press a key when the Press any key to boot from CD or DVD message appears -> You will be prompted to select a Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method.  Configure each of these settings and then click Next. -> Click the Repair your computer option

Then, choose System Restore to fix this issue.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 11, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Any updates? My suggestion or Kate's suggestion should have worked.

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

Monday, July 28, 2014 4:40 PM