Profile Domain Duplicates in Steady State RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Steady State in a College.

Disk protection is turned on
    I have not created an accounts through the SteadyState interface, because all the users need to authenticate via the domain.
    My guess is that a domain user logs in and something is recorded in the registry that gets wiped out upon a restart by Disk Protection on the C: drive.
    How can I prevent fresh user profile folders from being created after a restart?
    Thank you.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi, I'd like to inform you that WDP only helps protecting system partition, if you redirect the profiles to partition D, Windows SteadyState will not prevent creating fresh user profile folders.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 12, 2009 3:05 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi luisfrazao, do you mean it creates user profiles though you have enabled WDP on the computer?
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:45 AM
  • I'm redirecting the profile to another partition (d:\) using the unantendedGUI.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Hi, I'd like to inform you that WDP only helps protecting system partition, if you redirect the profiles to partition D, Windows SteadyState will not prevent creating fresh user profile folders.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, October 12, 2009 3:05 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:32 AM
  • When i redirect the profiles, i have the data from the users saved. But when Windows restart, it seems that the profile list disappears.
    So when the same user connects again, the windows create the profile "user.000", and the user thinks its previous profile is gone, but it stills there as "user".

Is there any way to save this profile list so that the windows after restart knows that a profile for that user already exists??

thank you!
    Monday, October 12, 2009 8:33 AM