Notify Support Group when a new request is added to the group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Dear Colleagues.

I'm trying to create Notification for Support Group when  a new request is added to the group. Unfortunately, Support group is not Related Recipient. 

We need to create AD groups first and for each Support Group we must create separate Subscription. Moreover, Support Group can be set When an object of the selected class is created or When an object of the selected class is updated.

For example, for HelpDesk Support Group we create Subscription 1:

- When to notify - When an object of the selected class is created

- Additional Criteria - [Incident]Support group equals HelpDesk

- Recipient - created AD group

For example, for HelpDesk Support Group we create Subscription 2:

- When to notify - When an object of the selected class is updated

- Additional Criteria - Changed From: [Incident]Support group does not equals HelpDesk

Changed To: [Incident]Support group equals HelpDesk

- Recipient - created AD group

Or second option - create Subscription 3:

When to notify - Periodically notify when objects meet a criteria

- Additional Criteria -  [Incident]Support group equals HelpDesk

- Recurring Notification - Once

Neither way is comfortable. Is there more convenient way to do that? Thanks.

• Edited by fapw Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:08 AM

Answers

• The only option I can think of is using Orchestrator and a Runbook to get this done more comfortable. There you can work with a Mapping Activity and some more "logic" to get your requirements done.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Patrick WahlmüllerMVP Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by fapw Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Support group notification is not comfortable on scsm, as Andreas mention before, orchestration comfortable way for this. But u can create internal user on scsm instead of ad group. An then u can enter that groups email address as smtp address to this internal user CI. 
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:26 PM
  • As I understand, you want all members of a support group to be informed, when a new Incident is moved to that Support group.

So what we did as we started with the Service Manager is a manual work instruction for the users, to create this notification.

Today I would do it with Orchestrator/Powershell, as Andreas and Firat mentioned.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:09 AM

All replies

• The only option I can think of is using Orchestrator and a Runbook to get this done more comfortable. There you can work with a Mapping Activity and some more "logic" to get your requirements done.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Support group notification is not comfortable on scsm, as Andreas mention before, orchestration comfortable way for this. But u can create internal user on scsm instead of ad group. An then u can enter that groups email address as smtp address to this internal user CI. 
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:26 PM
  • As I understand, you want all members of a support group to be informed, when a new Incident is moved to that Support group.

So what we did as we started with the Service Manager is a manual work instruction for the users, to create this notification.

Today I would do it with Orchestrator/Powershell, as Andreas and Firat mentioned.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:09 AM