Upgrading to 5.1 from 5.0 breaks JEA Modules/Endpoints RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else had this happen?  I had to go through and un-register and reregister all of my JEA endpoints on every single upgrade I have done.  Without doing this anyone connecting gets access denied...it's like the upgrade wiped all of the security descriptors.....is it a known bug or will we have to do this every time we upgrade powershell?
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Has anyone else had this happen?  I had to go through and un-register and reregister all of my JEA endpoints on every single upgrade I have done.  Without doing this anyone connecting gets access denied...it's like the upgrade wiped all of the security descriptors.....is it a known bug or will we have to do this every time we upgrade powershell?

JEA provides an RBAC platform that allows you to create a management endpoint on any computer and to manage it locally or remotely.

JEA is implemented as a Windows PowerShell session endpoint, which includes a PowerShell Session Configuration file and one or more Role Capability files.

And this powershell 5.1 notes:

• PowerShellGet improvements include enforcing signed modules, and installing JEA modules

so, i suspect this is the cause.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/wmf/5.1/release-notes

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Monday, June 5, 2017 3:05 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Hi,
    Was your issue resolved? 
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,
    Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 3:05 AM