none
Trident Rendering Engine 3.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Printing issues using a Dot Matrix printer from a web page.

I have looked at the previous fixes and they are not feasible as multiple users from multiple sites printing from a web based app.

I am looking to get IE 9 and, if possible, IE 10 to be able to print and Endorse prescription using Start SP298 printers.

These printers have been built to work with IE 7, which (I am told) uses the Trident 3.1 Rendering Engine. All IE versions since use Trident 4.0+

When attempting to print, the characters are either over written or display characters similar to Sumerian hieroglyphs.

Virtualising IE 7 in XP Mode does not resolve this issue, unless I have missed something there. 

What I am hoping is that someone knows how to include Trident 3.1 into IE 8, 9 and 10. Though IE 8 is not a concern.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, April 5, 2013 8:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

tools>Internet Options>General tab, 'Accessibility' button, check "Ignore font styles specified on web pages".

General tab, 'Fonts' button.... select and appropriate web font that your printer can handle. You probably have to select a mono-spaced font.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:26 AM