locked
DirectAccess 2012 NLB Node issue (file not found) RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi,

    I got an DA2012 installation that's been running good with 2 servers in an NLB array without issues. as part of adding additional capacity a 3rd server was attempted added to the array.

    however it didn't succeed at adding the 3rd server proper. it listed in the UI as part of the array, but never applied the settings or installed remote access on the server. all commands to remove or delete the bugged node ends with a "file cannot be found" type error.

    node 1 and 2 remains operational and accepting clients just fine but I fail at recovering and getting my NLB back to a point where I can manage it.  it never added the IP addresses to the NLB config, or on server 3, it never install DA on server 3 but did make some modification to the server GPO (for server003 to show up) but cannot find out where this "partial" record is stored or coming from.

    any help is appreciated. rebuilding the NLB would be the very last resort as this is a 24/7 live production da having clients connected around the clock.

    Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:54 PM

All replies

  • hi,

    identified the issue and wanted to share in case someone else gets this "file not found" type error when working on the NLB's. the add server to array had partially completed. it had not modified the GPO but HAD added the server to the security filter for the server GPO.  this is where the console gets the entry for server003 to show up.

    once we removed the server from the security filter, did a gpupdate on server 1, it was gone from the console and I was able to add it again without issue.

    Friday, May 2, 2014 1:30 PM