List of servers to manage incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• When i go to add servers to manage from the dashboard of Server Manager, the Add Servers list comes up, i can see a test server in that list that was a member server, was gracefully removed from the domain, and the computer object removed from AD.

How do i clean up this list?

Saturday, March 14, 2015 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Willmeister,

I haven't found a graceful method, since Server Manager stores the list of servers it is managing in in the following XML configuration file:
    C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ServerManager\ServerList.xml

So we can try to manually remove server from this configuration to remove server from server manager, please note BackUp this configuration file (..\serverlist.xml) before editing.

For more detailed information about this configuration file, please refer to this article:

Step-by-Step: Extending Server Manager in Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 with custom PowerShell tools

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by AnnaWY Monday, March 16, 2015 3:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Willmeister Monday, March 16, 2015 5:18 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 3:52 PM