Outlook 2016 Blocking PDF and PPTX files RRS feed

• Question

• This issue follows the user to other PC's. On his PC I added the registry bypass keys but these file types are not blocked by default anyhow and that change did not help. He can open the files with OWA. You can see screenshots of the blocked files below. His mailbox is hosted on O365. Most of the "solutions" I can find involve the registry changes I already made. Is anyone aware of other things that might cause this? BTW: I do not see extra ... in the filename either.  Any ideas? 

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research and test, there is no problem with the registry operation you have done. But the issue persists.

In this case, we need to find which setting disables these attachment types in the GPO.

1. Press Win + R to open Run.
    2. Type gpresult /h gpreport.html and press Enter.
    3. Then you can find the file in the path: C:\User\Username\gpreport.html.
    4. Open it and find which key has disabled it.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:08 AM
  • That's a fair response. I have checked the group policy and I cant find any settings that would cause this. On top of that we have thousands of end points and users getting the same policy's and none of them have this problem. I am partially suspecting that it could be our security agents on his box.  I am going to have him try this on a box without the security software to see if that is a factor.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

>>  I am going to have him try this on a box without the security software to see if that is a factor.

It has been a while, how are things going? Please let us know if there is any progress.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 1, 2019 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:29 AM