none
Distribute planned work; such that a resource is assigned 8hrs a day RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Resources need to work 8hrs per day (excluding week end-non-working day)

Some tasks are already planned:

Say on 28/06, Resource X has 2 hrs of work on Task A, now I need to assigned 14 hrs of work of Task B as from 28/06 to 02/07.

How can msp 2010 can automatically distribute the hours such that the resource should work 8hrs on 28/06 and 8 hrs on 01/07.

Project can prepone the finish date (I need the updated finish date)

Please help.

Regards

Soudha

Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Soudha, there are a couple of ways to acheive this.  The feature that project uses to spread work like this is called leveling, and you can either do this manually, or you can set it to automatic in the Resource tab in msp2010 under leveling options.  Most people prefer to handle this manually as it doesn't always move the task you want to it when there is a conflict.  Another option would be to make Task A a predecessor to Task B, then you should find (with default calendars and working time) that if Task A has duration (and work) of 2h and starts at 8am then Task B will start at 10am the same day and finish at 5pm the following day.

I hope this helps,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:49 PM
    Owner