none
The DFS Replication service has been repeatedly prevented from replicating a file due to consistent sharing violations encountered on the file. The service failed to stage a file for replication due to a sharing violation. RRS feed

• Question

• So there are more than a couple threads already about DFSR issues even mentioning this error, however... most of the "files" listed dont exist and have random names e.g.

35464C00

&

C0D56000

the full error is:

The DFS Replication service has been repeatedly prevented from replicating a file due to consistent sharing violations encountered on the file. The service failed to stage a file for replication due to a sharing violation.

Additional Information:
    File Path: H:\Data\data\Share Folder\Work Management\Rota's\2020\Jan\35464C00
    Replicated Folder Root: H:\Data\Fldata\Admin-UW Folder
    File ID: {447810FB-3447-40CF-AF31-9A35CACA79FA}-v759011
    Replicated Folder Name: Share Folder
    Replicated Folder ID: 8A2269CD-3922-4921-B956-EBA23A9F8522
    Replication Group Name: ProdShare.local\data\Share Folder
    Replication Group ID: 88D70F89-E57B-42D0-9870-F90C855357FD
    Member ID: 38D66F8B-C54F-4E6C-BF01-E557EF354A96

Do you have any suggestions what could be causing this or what the files are?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all , i would recommend you find the file under the path: H:\Data\data\Share Folder\Work Management\Rota's\2020\Jan\35464C00, check the file type.

Then , check the if the file was excluded from the DFS-replication.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc758048(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:09 AM
  • 35464C00 doesnt exist, which is my issue
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Using the DFSRDIAG BACKLOG command to check for sharing violations. The command output provides a list of the first 100 files that are not replicated.
    Based on my understanding, there are two kinds of the  sharing violations  events.
    Event ID 4302: A local sharing violation occurs when the service cannot receive an updated file because the local file is being used. This occurs on the "receive" side of the file change. The file is already replicated. However, it cannot be moved from the installing directory to the final destination.
    Event ID 4304: The service cannot stage a file for replication because of a sharing violation. This occurs on the "send" side of the file change. DFSR wants to stage or copy the file for replication. However, an exclusive lock prevents this.
    Based on your situation, it seems like the "receive" side, i would recommend you check the the if the local file is being used .

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 10, 2020 2:45 AM
  • So it says its in sync... This is driving me crazy as i cant seem to find whats causing these errors to flood the event log....

C:\Users\******>dfsrdiag backlog /ReceivingMember:****** /SendingMember:****** /RGName:"******\******\******-uw folder" /RFName:"******-UW Folder"

No Backlog - member <******> is in sync with partner <******>

Operation Succeeded

• Edited by chillchieftony Thursday, January 23, 2020 10:42 AM privacy concerns
    Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I would recommend checking the if the file existed  from the member and the partner also the dfs-private folder firstly and then check what we can do next.

Best Regards,

Fan

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to share your current situation.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Fan

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Cynthia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 9:41 AM
  • The folders its complaining about e.g 35464C00 do not exist anywhere so its unclear why its showing this error.... 
    Thursday, January 23, 2020 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry that this issue still hasn't been resolved.

If there is no progress, I would suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Services and Support to get an efficient solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-au

Have a nice day!

Fan

Monday, January 27, 2020 9:11 AM