Word not saving RRS feed

• Question

• My Word documents are not saving. I click on destination and enter a file name and everything appears to work, however the document is nowhere to be found.

I've searched recent documents; no sign of it.

There are no auto-saved versions of it to retrieve and thus try again. If I close the document, it's just gone. I've looked in every folder and drive and Onedrive and all to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in the middle of a large editing project and I rely on Word to see this through.

If it is of any relevance, the review pane is also not showing editing changes, neither are they showing up in the document as red when I have 'show markup' and 'all markup' selected.

Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:00 PM

All replies

• Please provide Windows version and Office (Word) version.
    and where (in which drive/folder) did you save Word document?  Did you try to save into your Desktop? 

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

Sunday, March 18, 2018 12:29 AM
  • Hi,

Any update on the issue? Please make copies to backup your important documents before opening in Word.

Open Word app, go to File > Open, click Recent, confirm if your latest opened documents are listed there. You can get the location path for these files.

Create a new blank document from desktop, make changes, save and close. Check if the document is missing from Desktop.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:36 AM
  • Are you trying to save locally on your computer's hard drive or are you saving to some "cloud" storage?

When it comes to the display of markup, see if switching to All Markup view improves the situation. Choose that option on the Display for Review drop down in the Tracking group on the Review tab.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Monday, March 26, 2018 10:09 PM