none
Changing Date/time to Australia format? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently setting up a project for a client in the Australia.  I am wanting to setup the dates to reflect the client's date/time zone as well as the date format.  Is there an option to do this within MS Project?  I looked and options and there a way to change the date formating but nothing for different timezones or formats.  I have also seen online that I can change my computers timezone and it should reflect in MS Project but I would prefer to just change the date/time within MS Project. 

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:00 PM

All replies

• tmeck,

What you have already discovered is the case. Project offers several different date formats but the date and time itself comes from your computer's system setting, there is no separate time zone setting for Project. However, I believe this is what will happen (never actually tried it). If you set up the plan based on a US time zone for example, it will of course show dates and times per your time zone. When your client in Australia opens the plan, he/she will see dates and times per whichever time zone is set on his/her computer.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:09 PM
  • Well that's unfortunate.  Thanks for confirming.  Have a great day!
    • Proposed as answer by Rob Schneider Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:48 PM
  • The other thing to do with International projects is to select any date format that has the month as 3 characters, EG Jun, Jul etc. that way people don't get months mixed up with days.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:55 PM
  • Yes. This is the best practice. From lots of experience in an international world, I know this is the way to do it.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:04 PM