Sending external e-mails from multi-functional printer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

i have a multifunctional printer and for send-to-email option i have setup my exchange 2016 SMTP. Now, when I scan and send email to the domain the is configured in to my Exchange everything is working fine but when i want to scan to email to an external address (like yahoo or gmail) my email ar stopped and I receive an error. 

Give me an advice, what i have to setup in my exchange to relay mails for my printer IP?

Thanks!

Monday, August 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Answers

• Which port are you using when sending mail to the Exchange server? If you are using port 25, change the port to 587. Port 25 on Exchange only allows you to send messages to Accepted Domains on the Exchange server. If you *can't* change the port that the Printer uses to send mail, create a Hub Transport receive connector on Port 25, configure it so it only accepts connections from the Printer IP, then on the Security tab, make sure it's set as Externally Secured. This will make it so port 25 connections from the Printer IP address do not follow the same rules as the port 25 connections used by servers on the Internet.
    • Edited by Adam C Brown Monday, August 22, 2016 6:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 2, 2016 1:48 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2016 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

How do you configure the internal/external SMTP relay?

To configure external SMTP relay, we need to configure a new receive connector.

Refer to this document

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt668454(v=exchg.160).aspx

And there is a great article for reference

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2013-configure-smtp-relay-connector/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 2, 2016 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:52 AM

All replies

• Which port are you using when sending mail to the Exchange server? If you are using port 25, change the port to 587. Port 25 on Exchange only allows you to send messages to Accepted Domains on the Exchange server. If you *can't* change the port that the Printer uses to send mail, create a Hub Transport receive connector on Port 25, configure it so it only accepts connections from the Printer IP, then on the Security tab, make sure it's set as Externally Secured. This will make it so port 25 connections from the Printer IP address do not follow the same rules as the port 25 connections used by servers on the Internet.
    • Edited by Adam C Brown Monday, August 22, 2016 6:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 2, 2016 1:48 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2016 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

How do you configure the internal/external SMTP relay?

To configure external SMTP relay, we need to configure a new receive connector.

Refer to this document

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt668454(v=exchg.160).aspx

And there is a great article for reference

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2013-configure-smtp-relay-connector/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 2, 2016 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Hi mate,

your recommendation worked perfect, thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards! 

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:59 AM