2012R2 with Office 2010 on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2003 domain running windows 7 desktops. Office 2010 is installed on each desktop.  I have installed a 2012R2 server with AD RMS.

The issue I have is that the client takes a very long time to look up rights and url settings the first time say word is started and permissions applied. After the details have been cached then word works fine, however until this it sometimes freezes and becomes unresponsive for a few minutes.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Friday, June 6, 2014 12:49 PM

All replies

• Setting the publisher evidence setting should help if the RMS website is called the first time or after each application pool reset. Especially if the RMS server does not have Internet connectivity to verify certificate status.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pfedev/archive/2008/11/26/best-practice-generatepublisherevidence-in-aspnet-config.aspx

Hth,

Lutz

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:54 AM
  • RMS clients that cannot access the internet but are connecting via SSL will still try to get CRL from crl.micorosoft.com.} This may cause a delay in protecting or opening a protected document. It will timeout after a several minute delay and then allow you to protect or open a protected document.

Open “gpedit.msc” under "Computer Configuration – Windows Settings - Security Settings-
    Public Key Policies - Certificate Path Validation Settings" to redefine the "Default
    retrieval timeout settings". e.g.:
    Default URL retrieval timeout (in seconds): 1
    Default path validation cumulative retrieval timeout (in seconds): 1

Friday, June 20, 2014 5:11 PM