none
Boosting results from a given company RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I'm trying to manipulate the FASTSearch results by boosting to the top the entries of a given company.

I based my work from the video and lab found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/enterprisesearch/gg213844.aspx and the video and the slide 25 from the presentation found at http://www.msteched.com/2010/NorthAmerica/OSP206.

My goal is to create a new "Sort By" configuration that boosts the documents from MyCompany to the top of the results list.

I'm using the following PS script:

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.FASTSearch.PowerShell -erroraction silentlyContinue

$np = Get-FASTSearchMetadataRankProfile -Name MyCompanyBoost -erroraction silentlyContinue
    if($np)
    {
      Remove-FASTSearchMetadataRankProfile -Name MyCompanyBoost -Force
    }

# create a new rank profile based on the default
    $rp = Get-FASTSearchMetadataRankProfile -Name default
    $np = New-FASTSearchMetadataRankProfile -Name MyCompanyBoost -Template $rp

# create a "boost" to the "Company" property
    $company = Get-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty -Name Companies
    $np.CreateManagedPropertyBoostComponent($company, "MyCompany,10000")
    #$fileext = Get-FASTSearchMetadataManagedProperty -Name fileextension
    #$np.CreateManagedPropertyBoostComponent($fileext, "docx,10000")

# update the new rankprofile
    $np.Update()

I've added the MyCompanyBoost property to the "Sort By" webpart and despite being displayed, when I select it, the order of the results stay the same. The order should change because the Company refinement shows 4 results for MyCompany. I've tried with the ManagedProperty name "Companies" and "Company" but neither one works.

For testing purposes, if I use the two file-extension commented lines (lines 16 and 17) instead of the companies, the word documents do group up at the top of the results list.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Regards.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:51 PM

All replies